The Best Biryani Recipe in TEN STEPS
When it comes to the heavenly taste of biryani, a slight mistake can end up becoming a grave sin! A well-seasoned dish with a perfect balance of meat, rice, and masala can make the cook a superstar for the night! Here is one of the best biryani recipe to try for a perfect win over your guests.
Here’s how to make the best Daighi Masala Biryani you’ll ever taste!
BIRYANI: The Dish Of Pure Bliss For Desi Souls
- Chicken: 1 kg
- Rice: 5 cups
- Yogurt: 1 ½ cup
- Ginger & Garlic paste: 2 ½ tablespoon
- Tomatoes: 3 medium or small-sized.
- Onions: 2 medium or small-sized, sliced.
- Red Chili Powder: 2 teaspoons
- Red Chili Flakes: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Star Anise: 5 Pcs
- Mint Leaves: 1 cup, finely chopped
- Chopped Coriander: 1 ½ cup
- Green Chilies: 4-5 Pcs
- Milk: 4 tablespoons
- Dry plums: 5 Pcs
- Bay leaves: 2
- Lemon juice: 3 tablespoons
- Kewra: 1 tablespoon
- Orange Food Coloring: 1 Pinch
- Oil: 1 cup
- Saffron: 4-5 shreds
- Whole spices:
Black Pepper (Whole): 5 Pcs
Black cumin: 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon: 2 sticks
Cardamom: 2 whole, preferably cut in the middle
Cloves: 3 Pcs
Optional: A ½ teaspoon of biryani essence.
- In a pan, add oil and fry the onions until till they turn golden brown.
- Now in a blender, blend fried onions, red chili flakes, yogurt, chopped tomatoes, and 3 green chilies. (Don’t have a blender? GET IT HERE)
- In a bowl, add chicken, ginger/garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt to taste, 2 green chilies, whole spices, lemon juice and leave it aside to marinate for half an hour.
- In a pot, add oil, the marinated chicken, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds, dry plum, salt and the paste that was blended earlier.
- Semi-Cook the rice with bay leaves and drain the water.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, add star anise, fresh mint leaves, coriander and mix it well. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Now make layers in the pot with rice and chicken gravy.
- Repeat until the layer of rice is at the top.
- Add milk mixed with saffron, a pinch of orange food color and a tablespoon of kewra water and add this mixture over the top layer of the rice.
- Optional Step: Add one teaspoon of biryani essence to the rice and leave it on the stove on the lowest flame for 5-8 minutes (or as required)
Child, adult or elderly, there is no one who doesn’t enjoy a delicious steaming plate of delicious biryani.
For many Pakistanis, Biryani means serious business!
Next time you have guests coming over, give them a taste of our fool-proof Daighi Masala Biryani! Share your worst/best biryani experience you’ve had in the comments below!